I ask this question for a number of reasons I will share with you. See if you relate.
- As a damn near season ticket holder I’ve found myself increasingly less excited to go to the games. You know the feeling. When going somewhere feels more like a chore, an obligation more than a deep rooted passion.
- 29-30, uncomfortably sitting in the 7th playoff spot and on pace for another 40 win season. Considering the expectations on average was for the Sixers to finish around 48 wins and staking claim of at least a 5th seed and legitimately fighting for home court in the first round. Yes, technically we are only 4 games back of Atlanta in the fourth seed and we’ve played 2 less games. But do you have the same feeling you had last year at this time? Last February they went 8-5. Only 6-6 this February. Last year they finished the season 14-9 do you feel that kind of run coming this year?
- Young players underachieving. Lou has played indescribably awful. Thaddeus has been a tease at best this season. Showing flashes of promise while disappointing with inconsistency. Speights gives reason for hope and concern. His combination of offensive skills, size and athleticism makes you wonder if we need Elton Brand at all. But his inconsistent rebounding makes you question his effort.
- Cap situation. Where do we go if the core of this roster simply isn’t good enough?
- Decreasing Sixers discussion and overall enthusiasm on the blog. I regularly hear people saying they half watch games. Switch channels during the game etc.
I certainly don’t mean to be a downer and I’d love to get the pulse of the fans on this.
Do you care about your Sixers right now?
Head over to the Depressed Fan for Brian’s more optimistic view of the Sixers. (That sentence is just so funny when you think about it.)