DraftExpress has released the official measurements from the Chicago combine. Just height/weight/wingspan, etc… no vertical, shuttle etc. While these seem trivial, it’s always interesting to put an exact number on these things when the college numbers can often be fudged. Also, wingspan is not a commonly reported item, but in many cases is more important than height. Here are how the prospects that are relavant to the Sixers measured out. I’ve included their best comparison (draftexpress keeps a database of these things) so you can visualize what these guys would look like in the NBA.
A couple notes on each guy…
- John Wall (who I put on here just in case something crazy happens) has an insane wingspan for someone his height. Not as insane as Arenas though, who is a 1/2 inch shorter, but has a 1/4 inch longer wingspan. Other than that, they are the same dimensions.
- Evan Turner is 6’7” in shoes, and his arms are kind of short for his height (6’8” wingspan, average draft prospect is 6’10” at that height). This isn’t anything we didn’t know already.
- Derrick Favors has almost exactly the same dimensions as Emeka Okafor (and very close to Dwight Howard). Exact same height, wingspan, and only 1/2 inch shorter on standing reach (9’2”) and only 10 lbs lighter (Favors is 245). This tells me that Favors can play center in this league easily. It also tells me that when he puts up potentially ridiculous numbers in the vertical leap, etc…, the Favors/Turner argument might get a little more pronounced.
- DeMarcus Cousins is fat. He apparentely looked much skinnier than a couple months ago, but was still almost 300 lbs. I couldn’t find an exact comp. because of his weight, but other than that, he was the same as ‘Zo. His wingspan is massive too. Just a massive human being all around.
- Wes Johnson was also hard to find a comp. for because of how skinny he is. He’s taller and longer than I thought. A skinnier ‘Melo.
This has me thinking about Favors in a different light. I had assumed he was more of a PF because that is what I had read, but he really could be a legit center. Anything you guys take from this?