The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed to swap Samuel Dalembert to the Sacramento Kings for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes, two league sources told ESPN.com.
The deal was agreed to on Tuesday night and the two teams have been working out details Thursday morning. Barring some last-minute hitch the trade should be completed as early as Thursday afternoon, according to the sources. ~ ESPN
Just caught wind of this. Need to look into some stuff and think about whether I like this move or not (I don’t think I do – at all).
Major ramifications and thoughts at first glance:
- Do they like Spencer Hawes that much?
- Couldn’t we have at least gotten a pick for Sam?
- Are we drafting Favors now?
- Are we trading the pick to move down to draft Cousins if they like him better than Favors?
- Do they believe a front court of Hawes/Brand/Smith/Speights is good enough to win this season if they draft Turner?
- What about the defense?