Dannie and I have tried to find ways to get more Eagles content out there. As you can tell, with our 9-5′s and other commitments, it’s tough to get more than just our Phillies and Sixers stuff out there. We’ve tried with Nova and the Eagles, and get some stuff done, but not as much as we (or you) would like.
So we are going to give you guys and gals a shot. Many of your comments turn out to be as long as posts anyway!
Here it is in a nut-shell – if you have a strong opinion on a Eagles topic or want to do a feature (ex: top-10 Eagles of all-time), write up a post and send it in (to email@example.com). There is no guarantee that we will post it, and we’ll probably go over some edits with you, but as long as it’s well-written and thoughtful, we’ll put it up. This isn’t a competition, if we get a bunch of good ones, we’ll put them all up.
With the draft coming up and this whole QB issue going on – there is a ton to talk about for the Eagles, but it’s really up to you what you want to do.
Here are some keys to a good post that Dannie and I try to go by (whether or not we are always successful is another story):
- Don’t make it newsy. Readers can get their news from ESPN, Philly.com or a host of other places. This isn’t a news site, it’s a site that tries to find unique ways to break down the news.
- Support your arguments. Don’t say things like “The Eagles sucked in the red zone last year” w/o backing it up with hard numbers.
- Don’t over-borrow. Try to be original as best you can, don’t just recite what you heard on the radio or read online.
- Stay Organized. It’s easy to get lost in tangets when writing about sports, try to stay on point.
- Use tools. Sites like baseball-reference.com and pro-football-reference.com are great resources for creating original stats. Unfortunately, these sites are pretty limited in football.
- Keep it clean. We’ll probably edit out any curses.
- Have fun! It’s not a paper for school – write how you really feel, not how you think the readers want you to feel.
Let us know if you have any questions, either in the comments field or through e-mail. Good luck, and we hope a lot of you try to participate!